Pihl Law is always interested in connecting with people who may be a fit for our firm – lawyers, paralegals, legal assistants, administrative staff, articling and summer students.
If you are a positive, intelligent, high energy individual with a strong client focus, looking to join a friendly team of reputable legal professionals please contact Andrea Krause, Director of Operations at [email protected]
Pihl Law Corporation, a Kelowna litigation boutique firm, is looking for two experienced full time legal assistants to join our busy, growing team.
- One position will work with a senior partner and two paralegals in a personal injury, employment law and commercial litigation practice.
- The other position will provide support to junior associates and students, as well as provide vacation relief and overflow support as required.
Responsibilities may include:
• Assisting in the preparation of correspondence, pleadings, briefs, court forms and other documents
• Arranging for service and filing of court documents
• Liaising with clients and other stakeholders
• File management and document administration – electronic and paper
• Maintenance of a bring forward system
• Proofreading end editing documents
• Organizing and prioritizing material and workflow for review by responsible lawyer or paralegal
• Billing, calendar management, travel arrangements and other administrative tasks
The successful candidates will be strong team players and bring positive energy to our firm, along with:
• A legal assistant diploma or certificate
• Litigation legal assistant experience
• Solid organizational and communication skills
• A strong sense of urgency, attention to detail and anticipatory skills
• Excellent computer skills, PCLaw and/or Worldox experience would be an asset
Our firm offers a friendly, relaxed and flexible work environment, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, a pension plan and regular staff events.
Interested candidates please send a cover letter, resume and transcript in confidence, to Andrea Krause, Director of Operations at [email protected]
Thank you for your interest in Pihl Law Corporation. We will contact candidates whose applications we would like to pursue further.